Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Beaches in Los Angeles

For my final post about Los Angeles I would like to talk about three beaches I recommend. I have been to all 3 of these beaches and love each of them.

The first beach I would like to recommend is Santa Monica Beach. It is the state beach in California. We went there a while ago, but I can still remember the famous boardwalk and ferris wheel.  The ferris wheel is $12.00 to ride and it is the first solar powered ferris wheel. This ferris wheel was the first one I had ever been on so it is really special to me. There is also an amusement park on the pier with an arcade, but you can't forget about the beach! The beach is always flooded with people.

Photo Courtesy of Discover Los Angeles




The next beach I would like to talk about is Venice Beach.  Venice Beach is famous for its "Ocean Front Walk".  On one side of the walkway there are vendors and stores and on the other side is the famous beach. On our first trip to Venice, we met the famous singer/roller skater, Harry Perry. He is a roller skating, guitar playing legend at Venice beach.  He has been featured in many movies and is even on Wikipedia.  When we went to Venice, we did not have to look too long to find Harry Perry. We spent time talking with him, listening to his music and buying his souvenir items and CD. Another thing to check out are the stores.  You can also rent bikes, skates, and scooters. Sadly, my family never got the chance to ride on the rentals, but we saw many people having a good time on them.
Photo Courtesy of Wikipedia

Finally, I would like to talk about Malibu Beach. You may have seen in my last post about the restaurant, Paradise Cove. Paradise Cove in Malibu is one of my favorite beaches. This beach is not as crowded as normal beaches because if you don't eat at the restaurant, it costs $40 to park there.   I've also been to Zuma Beach in Malibu.  Zuma is famous for its surfing.


I hope you liked this week's post and this week's theme! I also hope you learned something along the way about Los Angeles and I stroked the urge for you to go there. Thanks so much for reading this post. I hope you all have a great day and safe travels!




1 comment: