Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Red Mountain Resort

Last weekend, I visited  Red Mountain Resort in Ivins, Utah. Just my Mom and I went on this trip. We did yoga classes, boot camps, biking, and canyoneering. Today, I am going to share with you my experience at Red Mountain Resort and why you should book a room today.

I stayed at Red Mountain for three nights. I would not recommend staying less than that because you won't get the full experience. The food, most of the fitness classes, and the daily guided hikes are included in your room fee.

The first class I attended was called, "Melt Hand and Foot".  In this class, everyone received 3 small balls that were not bigger than a fist.  We learned how to use each ball to roll stress out of our hands and feet. If you are feeling stiff in any part of your body, I recommend the Melt classes. In the photo below, you can see the balls we used in "Melt Hand and Foot." The price of this package is $50.00, so I recommend taking the class.
Melt Hand and Foot balls. (photo curtesy of MeltMethod.com)
While at Red Mountain, I also tried the TRX Boot Camp. If you are wondering what TRX is, let me tell you! TRX stands for Total Body Resistance. Two elastic bands secured to a bar help you build
muscles and shape your body.   I did not like TRX that much in part because my teacher was dull, however, TRX is a good work out.
TRX Movements (photo curtesy of RealRiderRevolution )
At Red Mountain, they offer for a fee activity called Canyoneering. The cost is $225 a person, but it is an all day activity from 9:50-4:00. We hiked up a mountain and wedged ourselves into small cracks. We went under and over rocks and got rewarded by repelling down the mountain. You can get a little scrapped up but it's all part of the adventure. Red Mountain sends you off with a healthy sack lunch. The guide gave frequent breaks so we could catch our breath. The guide company we used is called Southern Utah Guiding. If you are going to another part in Southern Utah click here to go to their website for a different canyoneering trip. I highly recommend this activity if you are physically up for it. My mom and I will never forget this activity. Really, it was the most fun I had during my trip.
We had to go through this! (Photo courtesy of me)

After hiking up the steep mountain photo. (Photo courtesy of me)

Repelling. (Photo courtesy of me)

Me Canyoneering! (Photo courtesy of me)
Finally, I would like to talk about the food. Every portion is controlled. They have a new menu every day so you don't get bored of the same meal. Lunch and dinner come with bread, a salad bar, an entree, and a dessert.  Every night at dinner, there is a choice of fish, steak, chicken, a vegetarian option and an unusual dish like elk or duck. One of my favorite meals was when I had baked chicken and a chocolate lava cake for dessert. The dinner and dessert menus have the number of calories and macronutrients posted next to each item for those people who are watching their diet.

Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this week's blog. Stay tuned to find out my next week's theme! Thanks for reading and have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment