Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Disney Cruise Number 6: Gold

For spring break I got the chance to go on our 6th disney cruise with my family. This cruise was a five day one and contained two spots that we would be getting off at. Because it was our sixth cruise we got to be gold. There were very few benifits to being gold and a lot of things that felt the same as being silver. Today, I am going to be talking about having the gold lanyerd.
Gold Lanyard (Photo Courtesy of Antiques Navigatior)

The first thing that I noticed when we got onto the ship was the difference in the way people treated us. It was sort of weird at first because they treated us like we knew everything about the ship. We got less explanations about the ship from our waiters and people in general taught us differently. This is considered a good thing because we didn't have to listen to the same conversations about the ship over and over again.

Next, at the shops we got a ten percent discount on all merchandice and food. There are a few exceptions where you can not get a discount like Previews by the Walt Disney theatre. I found a way how to get discounts on the popcorn while I was on the cruise. If you are gold and by popcorn from the Micky's Mates shop they will give you a ten percent discount on it instead of paying full price plus tip at Previews.

Now I am going to be talking about some things that felt the exact same whether I was gold or silver. When you enter your cabin if you have gone on just one cruise you get a bag that welcomes you on the disney cruise. Basically, everyone gets the same bag no matter if you are gold, silver or even platnum! It makes it pretty confusing around the ship if everyone is carrying around the same bag.

Lastly, we had to wait in the same lines as people in silver. It doesn't really sound like a problem but, if you are waiting in the same line as all of the people who have been on 2-5 cruises, it is a long wait and definetly not fun one.

On this trip I have learned that weather you are silver, gold, or platnum, you basically get the same perks. It is still always fun to be promoted to the next lanyerd level and gain a new color.

I hope this blog gave you an idea about the gold lanyered and how it can be exciting to wear the gold lanyered around your neck, but not so exciting when it comes to basically everything else. Next week I will be about the two stops that we made while we were on the disney cruise so tune in next week. Thanks for reading my blog and look forward to seeing you in my next blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment